Monday, June 27, 2011

Arsenal Willing To Sell Fabregas At The Right Price

Arsenal are prepared to sell Cesc Fabregas to Barcelona if the two clubs can agree a fee.

The Premier League club have rejected an initial bid but are now bracing themselves for an improved offer.

A senior Arsenal official said: "The offer was made formally in writing to our chief executive (Ivan Gazidis), and we said no straight away."

Asked if the club expected another bid, the source said: "Possibly. If it's enough I expect we'll have to sell."

Friday, June 24, 2011

Arsenal Turn Down £27m Bid For Cesc Fabregas

Arsenal have turned down an offer from Barcelona for their captain, Cesc Fábregas, according to reports last night. The bid is reported by the Sun and Telegraph to be worth £27m and is said to have been rejected out of hand.

The Spanish club had been expected to make a renewed attempt to sign Fábregas, who began his career at Camp Nou, after having offers rejected last summer. It is anticipated that they will return with an improved bid but they have stated that they will not pay more than £35m for the midfielder.

Their president, Sandro Rosell, spelt out the club's position and claimed this week that Fábregas was doing "all he can" to join Pep Guardiola's Spanish and European champions.

"Guardiola knows the values of players and Cesc's is less than €40m (£35.4m)," Rosell said. "Barcelona will offer less and, if they don't accept, then he won't come."
SkySports

Striker David Villa Wants To End Career At Barcelona

Barcelona striker David Villa has stated he would like to finish his career at the Nou Camp.

The Spanish international, who scored 23 goals for Barca last season, has been the subject of transfer speculation throughout the summer.

"All that's been said hasn't bothered me because it isn't rumours or speculation, it's a lie," said the 29-year-old World Cup winner.

"I would like to have the chance to retire at Barca."

Villa joined the Catalan giants last summer from Valencia for £34m and helped them to Champions League and Primera Division titles.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Barcelona Unwilling To Pay £35m For Cesc Fabregas

Sandro Rosell has said Barcelona are unwilling to pay Arsenal's £35m valuation of their captain Cesc Fábregas, but says the midfielder is doing "all he can" to join Pep Guardiola's side.

Fábregas's wish to join Barça – where he started out as a youth player – is no secret, although the midfielder claimed he was happy at Arsenal just last week. But the Gunners captain, who left Barça at 16, also admitted he dreams of playing for the Camp Nou side and Arsenal's chairman, Peter Hill-Wood, revealed there had been contact with the Catalan club this week, saying Fábregas' desire to return home was "understandable".

Monday, June 20, 2011

No Deal With Barca Yet, Say Udinese

Udinese have stated no deal has been brokered with Barcelona for Alexis Sanchez amid weekend reports the starlet would be flying in to finalise the transfer.

The 22-year-old forward is currently training with the Chilean national squad ahead of next month's Copa America, but was thought to be ready to leave the camp to rubber-stamp the transfer.

The Catalan giants have reportedly offered €28million (£24.6m) up front along with a €11m (£9.6m) bonus and promising youngster Jonathan Soriano in exchange.

Rossi Could Stay At Villarreal, Says Agent

Giuseppe Rossi is unlikely to join Barcelona and could stay at Villarreal for another season, according to his agent.

The Italy striker, who is contracted at El Madrigal until June 2016, has been strongly linked with a move to Barca this summer.

However, it appears the Catalan giants have now turned their attention to Udinese forward Alexis Sanchez instead.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Barcelona Make Contact With Arsenal About Possible Fabregas Move

Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood has revealed Barcelona have made contact about a possible move for Cesc Fabregas.

Fabregas has been continually linked with a move back his homeland with the Catalan giants failing to land the midfielder last summer.

Fabregas, who started his career at Barca before joining the Gunners, has never hidden his desire to return to Camp Nou in the future.

The Spanish giants remain keen to sign Fabregas and are ready to make a new move this summer, although Hill-Wood insists they have yet to make a bid for the 24-year-old.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Barcelona Preparing To Offer David Villa To English Duo?

Barcelona are preparing to offer David Villa to Manchester City and Chelsea for £40million.
The Catalan giants have ­reluctantly accepted that they will have to ­sacrifice their World Cup-winning striker to help fund a £91m triple summer swoop for Arsenal skipper Cesc Fabregas, Udinese winger ­Alexis Sanchez and Villarreal striker Giuseppe Rossi.

Barca boss Pep Guardiola has been restricted to a £40m transfer budget as the La Liga and Champions League winners set about slashing their £350m debt.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Sanchez to choose from quintet

Udinese have confirmed that all five clubs interested in Alexis Sanchez have made offers.

European champions Barcelona, Manchester duo City and United, Inter Milan and Juventus have all made their moves.

City had been leading the charge for the brilliant young Chilean and their bid is reported to be the best in terms of finances for Udinese - but the player will have the final decision.

United have entered the bidding at the final stages, with Sir Alex Ferguson seemingly unwilling not to try and land a player he has admired for the best part of a decade.

Thiago happy at Barca

Thiago Alcantara's agent has stressed that the youngster's future lies at Barcelona.

Thiago is highly rated at Barca, and his displays for Spain Under 21s at the European Championship have caught the eye.

There have, meanwhile, been suggestions he could be used as a make-weight in a potential deal for Arsenal's Cesc Fabregas.
But Alcantara's agent and father, Mazinho, has insisted the 20-year-old midfielder is committed to Barca.

Barca hopeful on Sanchez

Barcelona have opened talks with Udinese over a deal for Alexis Sanchez and are optimistic about winning the chase for his signature.

Udinese declared earlier this week that Manchester City were the favourites to land the highly-rated Chile international, who has also been linked with Juventus, Inter Milan, Real Madrid and Manchester United.
However, the player's agent later insisted his future was still wide open and Barca now appear to be very much back in the running.

Barca - Cesc worth less



Barcelona president Sandro Rosell believes Cesc Fabregas is worth less than he was at this time last summer.

The Arsenal skipper has been a long-standing target for the Catalan giants, with each passing transfer window seeing them linked with a fresh approach.

It remains to be seen whether they will try their luck again this year, having failed in their efforts to lure Fabregas back to his roots 12 months ago.